Entries posted in this blog are all related to our wedding last January 7, 2006. To read more updates on us (Iya and Leo), visit our main blog at http://iyaleo.blogspot.com. To leave comments, click on the entry title and it will direct you to the main post. Happy browsing!

Monday, June 27, 2005

Wedding Gown Design --- Check!

Last week's accomplishments? Not much, really. Saturday morning, I got a text from tita Vangie (my cotourier) saying that she'll be heading for Bangkok and Indonesia tentative tuesday or wednesday. We needed to finalize the designs that weekend, at least for my gown, since she'll be looking for materials on her trip. We heard that it's a lot cheaper there so we may be able to save a few pesos. We also had to re-quote and talk about budget since there are some changes in the initial designs and materials. Yikes, we're soooo over-budget now! **sigh**

Anyway, Pupay, who is also one of my secondary sponsors, was also available that saturday morning for her "sukat-sukat" session (hehehe, don't really know how you call it). I was planning to schedule her session with Cammy, Vero's little angel. But since Pupay was already available that saturday, and knowing her really hectic sched, we went ahead and had her measurements taken. Didn't have a chance to talk to tita Vangie about the budget though since she had a prior appointment and couldn't talk long. It's just as well since I really wanted to have Leo with me when I talk to her about money (so he wouldn't complain.. ssshhhh, hehehe). So we just resched the meeting for sunday instead. It's a good thing her place is in the same subdivision as ours. It's actually walking distance from my house :)

Sunday, Leo and I went back to tita Vangie's place to talk. Before going there, I told Leo that we should be tough about the budget -- you know, incase we need to haggle or something *wink*. But it turned out to be unnecessary since tita Vangie was really very easy to talk to. Well, I guess she should be since she's been making clothes for my whole family ever since I can remember!

So everything's settled now with the designs and the quote. We need to give a big down payment tomorrow so that she can already buy the materials incase she finds them on her trip. We still went a little over the original budget, but that was expected since the designs changed and they're eating up more cloth. Atleast the price will not be moving anymore and we can focus on other things now.

I'll try to post some pics of the designs when I get some :)