Entries posted in this blog are all related to our wedding last January 7, 2006. To read more updates on us (Iya and Leo), visit our main blog at http://iyaleo.blogspot.com. To leave comments, click on the entry title and it will direct you to the main post. Happy browsing!

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Discovering Us

Tomorrow, and for the whole weekend, Leo and I are attending the Discovery Weekend Seminar at OMI retreat house in Mapayapa Village, QC. "It's a program intended to enrich and deepen a couple's relationship to better prepare them for marriage"... if I may quote the description from the weddingsatwork website. From the reviews that I read from fellow w@wies, this seminar seems highly recommended. Even my previous officemate Thirdie, who is also getting married this coming november, and who has attended the seminar already, said that it's a must attend program. Plus, it's an alternative to the PRE CANA seminar required by the church, so it's really not a question for us whether to attend or not. Hopefully though, after the seminar, Leo and I will be more closer and committed to each other than ever. A lot are saying that it's a make or break thing - that things could go either way after the seminar. Some soon-to-wed couples ended up not getting married because of what they have discovered from it. Hmmm, sounds scary? Nah, I'm not worried.

At this point in our relationship, I'm pretty sure Leo and I are meant to be together for the rest of our lives. Now, that doesn't mean that we are so compatible and that we are not prone to arguments and quarrels. On the contrary, we still get those sometimes. Who doesn't, right? But throughout the six years (almost seven) that we've been together, we've learned to accept and be more tolerant and understanding of each other's differences. Oh, you should have seen us during our first 2 years! It was like a rollercoaster ride then. Fights every other day. Me walking out all the time. Leo following and wooing for the first few walk-outs, then finally just letting me walk away. Then me feeling indignant that he didn't follow me. And then the tables were turned and I had to follow and woo him instead! Hehehe, it's funny now looking back at those moments. We were both a little immature then. Atleast I know I was. One time I even dropped all my things on the ground -- take note, while crossing the streets! -- then running away from Leo (acting ba of totally giving up, hehehe). Leo had to pick up all my things and run after me. Yikes, I'm such a drama queen, hahaha! Oh well, that was then. But we still get some of those fights once in a while. We are very different from each other afterall. It's true. We try to learn to compliment each other though, and be understanding.

Hmmmm, I didn't intend to write so much about us, but I guess I got carried away, hehe. Now where was I? Ah yes, the Discovery Weekend. So yup, we are going tomorrow at 5:30pm. We've decided to take the day off since we will not be able to make it at 5:30pm coming from Makati. Seminar rules say that there should be no watches, phones and beepers. Sounds like a typical retreat. That's fine with me. Leo, on the other hand, says he might not survive without his gadgets, hahaha. And he's also having a problem accepting the fact that he has to share a room with someone he doesn't know. I can almost hear what he's thinking in his head. "What am I going to say to him?", "Should I make small talks?", "I am not good at talking to friends, let alone strangers!"... Haay, my anti-social baby, hahaha. Well, he doesn't have a choice, so... I'll let you know what happens :)